Senior Student Affairs Officer
Professional Association and Recognition of the Institute and City & Guilds International Graduates
THE FOLLOWING IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE VARIOUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES WHO ALLOW ENTRY AND/OR CREDIT FOR CITY & GUILDS INTERNATIONAL
GRADUATES WISHING TO STUDY TOWARD THEIR QUALIFICATIONS
University of Brighton (England)
University of Wales (Wales)
University of Central Lancashire (England)
Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland)
University of North London (England)
The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (Australia)
Cincinnati State College (USA)
Ecole de Hotelier (Switzerland)
IHTTI School of Hotel Management (Switzerland)
Schiller International University (Spain)
There are various other institutions that recognise City & Guilds International graduates. A full list of these with contact details will be supplied on request to students once enrolled with the Institute.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION AND REGISTRATION
Students who graduate successfully with City & Guilds International qualifications will be given recognition by the following professional bodies in order to obtain membership of the associations:
Association Culinaire Francaise (London)
The Cookery and Food Association (UK)
The Hotel and Catering International Management Association (UK)
The South African Chefs Association.
The Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa.
* Students may obtain membership as student members whilst attending the course programme.
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Employment opportunities exist for City & Guilds International graduates with the following International employers:
Sheraton (USA, UK)
Marriot Group (IJK, Dubai, Australia)
Forte Hotels Ltd (UK, Europe)
Relais Et Chateaux Group (UK, Ireland)
Hilton Hotels (UK, USA, Europe)
Ramada International Hotels (UK, USA)
Club Mediterranee (France)
Maritim Hotel Group (Germany)
Movenpick Hotels International (Switzerland)
Ritz Carlton Hotel Company (Worldwide)
Sofitel Hotels (France, Dubai)
Red Carnation Hotels (UK)
The One & Only Royal Mirage (Dubai, Mauritius)
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION OF THE INSTITUTE
The Institute is a member of the following National Professional bodies:
The South African Chefs, Association (Corporate member)
The Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa (FEDHASA)
South African Trainers, Consultants and Service Providers for the Hospitality Industry (SATCHI)
Registered with the Department of Education
Institute for HOSPITALITY EDUCATION (SA)
The Institute for Hospitality Education is a City & Guilds International approved and accredited centre and as such, the syllabi and examinations offered lead to International Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in the Hospitality Industry.
The Institute has operated in South Africa for the past thirteen years and our graduates have been successfully rewarded with fulfilling career opportunities both locally and abroad.
The emphasis of our course programmes is on:
* Current and relevant career education.
* Cost-effective education.
* Time expedient courses that allow our students swift progression to further education.
* Work compatible education content and course programmes to allow our students to work and study simultaneously.
* Time economy without compromise to quality education.
* Student mobility both locally and internationally.
Our student retention percentage in the hospitality industry is 90%.
The Institute seeks to prepare our students in the shortest possible time to educate our students with a marketable education. Our current 'on-course' employment rate is at least 85% i.e. 85% of students are recruited by the hospitality employers whilst they are attending the course programme.
KEY ADVANTAGES OF THE INSTITUTES PROGRAMMES
* All course material is supplied by the Institute. Students are not required to purchase prescribed material.
* Lecturers are dynamic, bilingual, qualified and employed within the Hospitality Industry thus ensuring that their lecture content is current, relevant and in keeping with latest industry trend and practice.
* Lectures are centrally located in Cape Town thus enabling students easy access to lectures, accommodation, leisure and essential services which are within walking distance. High security is carried out at the venue.
* Our students are able to obtain International Diploma level tuition in one year as opposed to similar tuition offered by other institutions which require a minimum three year commitment from the student. This has resulted in the Institute for Hospitality Education (SA) being the most affordable International tuition available in South Africa.
* Our students are supervised and supported by our Registrar and Operations Manager to ensure student welfare and course standards.
* Enrolled students are able to access local and international work positions locally during the programme and abroad after completion of the
* Our students of the Institute are able and encouraged to take advantage of full-time employment offered by local hospitality employers to further enhance their experience and exposure and simultaneously allow students to earn an income.
* City & Guilds International qualifications are recognized in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Our students are able to continue further studies with City & Guilds after graduation with ourselves or in any of the countries where City & Guilds is represented. This allows students complete mobility throughout the world should they wish to practice the profession abroad and further their studies on completion of their studies at the Institute for Hospitality Education.
* Our students are able to further their studies abroad through international recognition without having to return to South Africa.
* Pre-arranged recognition of City & Guilds International qualifications with local and international employers allows the student enhanced employment opportunity and credibility.
Unit 21, Gate 4, , Victoria Junction Complex, Prestwich Street
PO Box 52153, , Waterfront
To view a full list of all courses presented by Institute for Hospitality Education click below.