1. Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) - USA
2. American Council on Exercise (ACE) - USA
3. Board of Massage Therapy State of Hawaii - USA
4. Boise Idaho Child Care Training Network - USA
5. Boy Scouts of America - USA
6. Cal/OSHA - USA
7. California Board of Chiropractic Examiners - USA
8. Department of Community Services (NSW) - Australia
9. Duke of Edinburgh's Award - United Kingdom
10. Fire Department of Espirito Santo - Brazil
11. Girl Scouts USA - USA
12. Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of first aid in the workplace - Great Britain & Northern Ireland
13. Illinois Department Of Public Health - USA
14. Italian Resuscitation Council - Italy
15. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) - USA
16. National Register of Coaches (NROC) - Singapore
17. National Strength and Condition Association (NSCA) - Japan
18. National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - USA
19. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) - New Mexico , USA
20. Royal Yachting Association - United Kingdom
21. SkillsActive - United Kingdom
22. SEMICYUC Sociedad Española de Medicina Intensiva, Críticos y Unidades Coronarias (Member of Spanish Resuscitation Council) - Spain
23. Transport Canada - Canada
24. United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) - USA
25. United States Coast Guard (USCG) for a merchant mariner license - USA
26. WorkCover New South Wales, Australia (First Aid at Work) - Australia
Wild Medix is a young and dynamic South African company dedicated to providing specialized wilderness and event medical support as well as first-aid training for both wilderness and urban situations.
Founded and staffed by medical professionals who are also experienced wilderness adventurers - mountaineers, climbers and outdoor guides - Wild Medix is the result of merging a passion for wilderness and emergency care with a love of the great outdoors.
We bring together the necessary skills, knowledge, equipment and experience to provide medical care in areas which are inaccessible by conventional means. Furthermore, we believe in empowering wilderness users to care for themselves - and others - by providing both outdoor-focused and urban emergency medical care training and equipment.
Meet The Owners:
A qualified mountain guide and mountain skills instructor with over 21 years of personal mountaineering experience, Walt has climbed and guided in Southern and East Africa, South America, the USA and Canada. He is an active volunteer for the government emergency services (METRO) in the Western Cape, a member of Wilderness Search and Rescue and is a qualified Emergency Care Practitioner (Paramedic-Intermediate, BTLS-Advanced) and a registered First Aid Instructor.
Dr. Ross Hofmeyer (
MBChB (Stell) ATLS ACLS
An avid outdoorsman with many years backcountry hiking and mountaineering experience, Ross Hofmeyr is most in his element in the rugged Cape Mountains, but a passion for wild places combined with a keen interest in adventure has lead him as far afield as Greece, Thailand and the deserts of Oman. As qualified paraglider pilot, this wild medic is as often found high above the mountains as he is found amongst them, hiking or rock climbing.
Interest grown during voluntary ambulance work guided Ross to study medicine at the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town, South Africa. Since qualifying as a medical doctor, he has worked at the GF Jooste Trauma & Emergency Hospital, gaining experience and postgraduate training in one of the region's poorest communities. A special interest in emergency, and especially wilderness medicine, has culminated in many years service with the wilderness search and rescue teams. This unpaid professional work is seen as a cornerstone of Wild Medix's ethos of community involvement, and is a vital ingredient of skills development.
Also a qualified Divemaster, Ross' other interests include SCUBA diving, sailing, and photography. A founding partner of Wild Medix, he is responsible for the expedition medic program, medical protocols, and quality assurance and is an active instructor.
Unit 4, Station Square, Station Road
PO Box 60314
To view a full list of all courses presented by Wild Medix click below.